Beecroft Place is a new mixed-use development in Sydney’s North West. The developer, Landream, set out to introduce high-quality retail space to the already vibrant Beecroft Village. It has been designed to complement the 130 apartments in the development that sold off-plan in only six hours when launched in 2015.
The new shopping centre is anchored by a 2,740sqm Woolworths with a further 29 tenancies totaling 2,642m2. The Woolworths was the first in NSW to be single-use plastic bag free, a policy which was adopted by the entire centre.
Rook Partners stepped in to take on the project in February 2017, mid-way through construction. With only six months to opening date, the retail was re-designed on Rook Partners advice and leasing commenced.
Key project objectives for Rook Partners:
- Get the project on track and ensure that the centre was fully leased on opening
- Attract the right mix of high-quality tenants relevant for the local community and demographic
- Deliver a centre that people embraced
- Complement the existing village atmosphere of Beecroft
- Maximise the long-term value of the asset for Landream
Key project outcomes:
- Financial objectives exceeded with significant rental uplift on budget
- Retail component 100% leased on opening against an intense timeframe
- Established a vibrant mix of national and local operators
- Introduced a selection of inner-city quality café and restaurant choices
- Finalist in the 2019 UDIA NSW Awards for Excellence