The Star Entertainment Group is an ASX 100 listed company that owns and operates hotel and entertainment venues in Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Rook Partners has worked closely with the senior executive team at the Group for over 5 years, providing strategic property planning and tenant representation services.
With vacancy rates in Sydney at a historic low and A grade rents increasing, we advised The Star to adopt an ‘act early’ strategy to address their August 2018 lease expiry.
Rook Partners also encouraged Star to re-imagine their workplace to foster a more collaborative environment for their long-term business needs.
Key project objectives:
- Establish current and future accommodation requirements
- Set strategy and investigate all property options in the Pyrmont precinct
- Negotiate lease terms
- Manage documentation process with appointed lawyer
- Refurbished office accommodation of 7,600sqm at 60 Union Street, Pyrmont
- Certainty for the business operations for 10 years
- Lease structure adaptive to future changes in their business