The NSW Government has announced a number of new restrictions after two community cases were recorded in Sydney over the past couple of days. The rules will apply from the Central Coast down to Greater Sydney and the Illawarra region.
The following measures will be effective from 5pm today, 6 May 2021 until 12:01am Monday, 17 May:
- masks will be compulsory on public transport and in all public indoor venues, such as retail, theatres, hospitals, aged care facilities and for front-of-house hospitality staff
- visitors to households will be limited to 20 guests
- drinking while standing up at indoor venues will not be allowed
- singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed
- dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs however, dancing is allowed at weddings with a strong recommendation that no more than 20 people should be on the dancefloor at any one time
The health of local communities is essential. Covid-safe procedures will remain in place in all Rook Partners retail assets to ensure customers continue to feel safe.
For more information about the status of COVID-19 in NSW, head to the NSW Health website.