As part of the State Budget for 2020–21, the NSW government announced a new scheme to help hospitality and entertainment businesses. Originally called ‘Out and About’ but now named ‘Dine and Discover’, the program is designed to encourage residents to spend money at a variety of businesses on multiple occasions by gifting every adult $100 to spend.
The $500 million scheme will be available across the state by the end of March. Throughout each week, vouchers will become available in more and more Local Government Areas (LGAs).
Under the new scheme:
- NSW Resident over the age of 18 will be given four $25 vouchers
- Two vouchers available to use at restaurants, cafes, clubs and other food venues
- Two vouchers specifically for cultural institutions, performing arts, cinemas and amusement parks
- The vouchers can’t be used on alcohol, gambling or cigarettes
- The vouchers can be used only at COVID-safe businesses that sign on to the scheme
“We want people to get out there, support their local businesses and get spending,” NSW Finance and Small Business Minister Damien Tudehope said.
Rook Partners look forward to seeing customers return to the Sydney hospitality venues and our vibrant shopping centres. Looking after the health of our community, Covid-safe procedures will remain in place to ensure customers continue to feel safe.
For more information about the status of COVID-19 in NSW, head to the NSW Health website.