The NSW Government is gifting every adult $100 to spend on dining and entertainment in a bid to resuscitate some of the sectors hit hardest by COVID-19.
The scheme, called ‘Out & About‘, is designed to encourage NSW residents to support struggling hospitality and entertainment businesses.
The NSW Budget’s Out and About scheme will come into effect from late January 2021 with the exact date yet to be revealed. Under the new scheme:
- Everyone over the age of 18 will be given four $25 vouchers
- Two vouchers available to use at restaurants, cafes, clubs and other food venues
- Two vouchers specifically for cultural institutions, performing arts, cinemas and amusement parks
- The vouchers can’t be used on retail, alcohol, gambling or cigarettes
- The vouchers can be used only at COVID-safe businesses that sign on to the scheme
“We want to encourage people to open up their wallets and contribute to the stimulus effect.” Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said.
Rook Partners look forward to seeing customers return to the Sydney hospitality venues and our vibrant shopping centres. Covid-safe procedures will remain in place in our retail assets to ensure customers continue to feel safe.
For more information about the status of COVID-19 in NSW, head to the NSW Health website.