HRL Morrison & Co is a leading infrastructure and property asset management company with assets spanning the globe.
Morrison required circa 850sqm of premium grade office space in the Sydney CBD for their expanding headquarters operation and appointed Rook Partners to act as property advisor on the project.
With strong organic business growth increasing staff numbers Morrison needed to relocate well ahead of a 2021 Lease expiry. Rook Partners secured premium office space within the new 60 Martin Place, then negotiated a lease surrender with their existing Landlord at Governor Phillip Tower. The project was executed within program and on favourable commercial terms.
Key project objectives:
- Establish current and future accommodation requirement
- Set strategy and investigate all property options
- Negotiate lease terms
- Manage documentation process with appointed lawyer
- Secure early lease surrender with existing owner.
Key project outcomes:
- Premium office accommodation secured in high-profile building
- Certainty and ability to accommodate growth for the business post 2020
- Financial savings realised on lease remaining lease liability,